New release v1.5.2
There are a number of changes in this release that have been a long time coming, and it's good to be able to finally get them done.
Here they are:
- Large card rank numbers are back! A few releases ago, the card style was enhanced to add an ability to give a "detailed" appearance to card faces, by adding all the little pips, which looked really nice on high resolution devices. Unfortunately, along the way the size of the card rank was reduced, for some hi-resolution devices. With this release, it's back again! We have done this by adding a new option to "card style" in the preferences. I hope you like it!
- You can now have a list of your "Favourite" games! I've always wanted to add a favourites list, and finally we've managed to get it in there. It works by keeping a list of your own favourite games, which is added to using the menu option "Add to Favourites". Then, the next time you choose a new game, you can choose from your favourites list! To remove a game from your favourites, while you are playing it, select the menu item "Remove from favourites"
- Added a confirm yes/no before loading or saving a game from or to SD Card. That way it stop you accidently overwriting your current game and all your stats.
- Fixed a crash when statistics are viewed, on some devices.
- Fixed a crash when tapping on the menu, on some Samsung devices. For those of you who are interested, Samsung does some non-standard things on Android, and when it has issues on old devices, it doesn't fix them! So us developers have to tear out our hair trying to figure out how to get around these issues. Grrrr!
- Fix an issue where menu icon not coloured correctly on some devices. Colours and styles on Android are a mess. Google keeps changing the way Android works, and the device manufacturers do things differently, with the result that most devices are different to each other. So getting a fairly simple app like Patience revisited to run properly on all devices can be a nightmare. Sigh. Sorry about the rant!
It's been a while since Patience revisited has had some major work done on it (we only have a limited amount of free time to do this!) so it's been really good to be able to make some progress on some of these outstanding issues.